Sentinel is a monitoring and alerting tool, with the following components:
- Sentinel Dashboard
- Sentinel Alerts
- Sentinel Digest
- Sentinel Integration Catalogue
This article describes some key features of the Dashboard.
About the Sentinel Dashboard
The Dashboard displays information about your integration events and provides account navigational features via the Sidebar. The Dashboard is explanatory in that it provides some key metrics about integration events, and is exploratory in that it allows you to explore patterns in integration behaviour, and investigate integration issues.
The sidebar provides features for managing your account and navigating to your dashboard:
- Sentinel Home (1) - Click the Sentinel home icon to be redirected to the home page.
- Dashboard (9) - Click to view the dashboard
- Alert Severity Management (10) - Click to set up Integration Systems alert severity.
- Integration Catalogue (11) - Click to view Integration Catalogue.
- Configuration (12) - Click to view or manage users, preferences or Workday details for your org.
- Profile (13) - Click to manage preferences or password for your account.
The Dashboard is explanatory in that it provides some key metrics about integration events and is exploratory in that it allows you to explore patterns in integration behavior, and investigate integration issues.
- Organization Name (2) - Displays the name of your Organization.
- Tags (3) - Drop-down list of all workday tags available. Select the workday tag(s) from the list to view only those integration system events that are tagged with the selected workday tag(s).
- Integration Prefix (4) - Enter letters or number-based Integration Prefix to filter the dashboard to specific Integrations.
- Time Range drop-down (5)- By default, the time range is set to six hours. Select the time range to view the data for a selected time period.
- Click to select relative time range options and set custom absolute time ranges.
- You can change the Timezone from the time range controls by clicking the Change time settings button.
- Time settings are saved on a per-dashboard basis.
- Zoom-out (6)- Click to view a larger time range in the dashboard.
- Refresh (7) - Click to immediately trigger queries and refresh dashboard data.
- Click to select a dashboard auto refresh time interval.
- View mode (8)- Click to display the dashboard in full screen. View mode hides irrelevant information such as navigation menus.
- Table Heading (15) - Click on the table heading to change the sort order((descending, ascending, original)
- Panel Heading (16) - Click to view a specific panel in full screen.
- Integration System Title (17)- Hover over and click to be redirected to a new window with more information.
- Event Stats – Event ID, Started by, Started At, Completed At, Duration, Status, Action
- Messages, Related Documents, Past Events, Related Events
Integration event window with detailed information
Event details window
Drill Down on graphs - Drill down further when hovering or selecting data range of graph.
Getting started with Sentinel