Tagging your integration in Workday is essential to using Dispatch Sentinel effectively. Sentinel uses tags to support filtering of integration events on the dashboard. Tags are also used to group alert priorities - so that event statuses can have different priorities based on the tag name. Thirdly, tags are used to determine what alerts should be directed to what type of notification channel.
This article provides the instructions for how to inspect the tags on your integrations and then how to add or remove those tags.
Inspecting your Workday integration for tags
To view the current integration tag configuration in Workday, navigate to the integration system in question:
- In the Search bar type in "view integration system"
- Select/Search the integration in question and click ok.
- Inspect the integration to determine the tag applied to the integration system. It will appear in the top left hand side of the screen.
Associating tags with integration systems
Adding or removing a tag is very straightforward.
- Click the actions disclosure button (...) and click on the edit menu item.
- Click the Tags field and select the tag(s) you wish to associate the integration system with.
- Click Ok to save the configuration.
Managing the tags
Like most parts of Workday, the tags that can be associated with integration systems is a separate screen for Maintaining Integration Tags.
- Search for Maintain Integration Tags
- Tags can be renamed, new ones added or existing tags removed (only if not associated with an integration system)